Monday, June 14, 2010

The Beginning of the End

I haven't updated about my HCG journey lately and I'm almost DONE. I started off thinking that I'd do this for 20 days or so and I ended up doing 40. I cheated here and there so I probably could have lost more and as of late I feel myself being sucked into the whole "I want to eat like a normal person again or I'm going to cook my children and devour them" mode. Get my drift?

That being said, I did pretty darn good. I lost, as of today, 17 pounds and I'm trying to squeak out another 4-5 pounds before this week ends and I'm finished with this round. I'll then take 6 weeks off to recover and exercise and then I'll do another round...probably 20 days. At that point I should be so stinking hot that Heidi Klum will be jealous. *wink*

I'm glad that I decided to take my chances on this diet. I'm so happy with the results. Even though I wanted to kill and eat my family several times during this...it was all worth it. I have been wearing shorts this summer. SHORTS. I haven't worn shorts in about oh, 2 or 3 years. I do need a tan though.

Desperately.

I'm positively day-glo.

I also found some confidence that I had lost right around the time I gained all that extra weight. People have been commenting that I look better and asking if I've lost weight. That's always helpful but I'm glad that I'll be taking a break to focus on maintaining the weight loss and building some muscle.

You'll have to excuse me while I go tell my family that it's ok to come out of the panic room now...I'll be eating normally in just a few days...

4 comments:

April Plummer said...

Yay! I'm so happy that you're feeling better and healthy and glowing! 17 pounds is incredible, I am so proud of you! I'm especially proud that you did NOT kill your family and eat them.

Melanie said...

Yeah...the mess would have been incredible and I'm just too lazy to get bloodstains out of the carpeting...

April Plummer said...

I am too LOL

PS - I gave you an award! http://writersramblings81.blogspot.com/2010/06/award-and-idea.html

Heather, Queen of Shake Shake said...

Congrats on the weight loss! It's only taken me over a year to lost 10 pounds. Clearly I know what I'm doing. (ha!)

Oh, and I recommend those shimmer lotions. What, Jergens or something like that, that have the low levels of self-tanners in them. I use them at the beginning of spring. I consider it my public service, not blinding people by my winter white legs.