Thursday, April 2, 2009

Running Against The Wind

I went out and purchased some new insoles for my running shoes. This is big news for me because my running shoes are at least 3 years old. Luckily, there hasn't been a whole lot of running done in my running shoes to really matter all that much. Still, I figured it would be a good temporary fix to purchase some replacement athletic insoles. Oh, Dr. Scholl, you big liar you! You promised cushioning and shock avoidance for my knees and back. You would think with the title "Dr." that you could trust the above mentioned insoles to do the job. No, you can't by the way just in case you were still wondering. To top it off, I got to run into what felt like gale force winds, uphill on the last 1/4 mile of the run. I'm pretty sure my ears were bleeding at this point and for the next hour or so I was semi-deaf in my right ear. Note to self: The next time we decide to take a mile jaunt around the neighborhood when it's windy and cold-WEAR SOME FREAKING EARMUFFS! I'm going to take solace in the fact that 1 minute and some odd seconds were shaved off of my running time. That's both good news and bad news...the good news is that I ran more/faster and the bad news is that I need to add time and/or distance to the next run. I was informed by someone who runs on regular basis and has ran actual marathons to "Keep up the good work...you'll be hooked in no time!" I'm not sure if she meant 'hooked' as in 'hooked up to life support' or 'hooked on running'...at this rate I'm starting to think it's going to be the first option.

No comments: